Muscle Energy Techniques and Soft Tissue Release are widely used within massage and manual therapy. They are fantastic techniques to introduce movement to your massage and start to explore active recovery strategies with your clients.
In this one-day workshop we will be covering how to apply METs and STR as part of a treatment. As well as taking a fresh look at the possible mechanisms of effect, the clinical reasoning behind their application and how to incorporate them as part of person-centred approach to helping clients with pain and injury
Course content will include:
- Introduction METs & STR
- Potential benefits, mechanisms of effect and uses
- How to apply Soft Tissue Release throughout the body
- How to apply Muscle Energy Techniques throughout the body
- Practical demonstrations of both MET and STR
- Plenty of practise of both techniques
- Using METs and STR in treatment of pain / injury
- Using METs and STR to explore movement and reduce fear
This course is suitable to anyone new to these technique, wanting a revision or wanting to learn an updated narrative around these soft tissue techniques.
Full handouts will be provided
This course is suitable for any massage therapist, soft tissue therapist or sports therapist. It is also suitable for any MSK professional looking to revise manual therapy skills. If your qualification is not listed or if you are unsure if this course is suitable for you, please contact us and we will be happy to discuss it.