A current evidence informed approach on the Assessment, Treatment and Rehabilitation of Knee Pain
Whether originating from a sports activity, injury or insidious onset knee pain can be debilitating and challenging to recover from.
During this one-day workshop we will cover the common causes of knee pain, both those acute in nature and more chronic conditions such as osteoarthritis. We will explore the most current evidence surrounding the management of knee pain and injury. Including assessment and treatment strategies for the musculoskeletal care therapist.
Course content will include:
- Introduction to pain science in relation to knee pain
- Understanding knee pain within a BPS framework including common causes of pain and injury of the knee
- Learn to assess the joint and recognise when to refer
- Looking at different knee specific tests and their reliability
- Learn diverse soft tissue approaches for treatment for knee pain and to improve range of movement
- Evidence informed rehabilitation protocol for knee pain, including progression and regression baselines
- Returning clients to activities of daily living, sport and meaningful activities
This is a practical course and there will be plenty of opportunity to discuss real life cases that you have encountered in clinic.
This course is suitable for any professional working in MSK care, including; Physiotherapists, Osteopaths, Chiropractors, Massage Therapists, Soft Tissue Therapists and Sports Therapist. If your qualification is not listed or if you are unsure if this course is suitable for you, please contact us and we will be happy to discuss it.