Our Privacy Statement
Updated May 2018
The School is a trading name for The Massage Training School Ltd
As you may be aware the Data Protection 1998 Act is changing to the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) which gives everyone much more control over their own data and how it is processed and shared and ensure transparency from who holds data. So, we would like to let you know the following:
Reasons/purposes for processing information
We process personal information to enable us to provide education and training to our customers and clients; to promote our services, to maintain our own accounts and records and to support and manage our employees.
Type/classes of information processed
We process information relevant to the above reasons/purposes. This may include:
- Enquiries from non customers – message, name and email address – received via our website or by email – held for up to a year, and used to answer query and follow up.
- Mailing list – name and email address – populated by people registering on our website or opting in on an enquiry form.
- Health and registration forms from students – name, contact details and health information – completed via our website or in class – used for class management, and held for at least seven years for insurance purposes.
- Attendance registers – data collected in class – used for class management and held for at least seven years for insurance purposes.
- Notes on classes and sessions – data collected in class – used for class management and held for at least seven years for insurance purposes.
- Emails – sent from clients and non clients. Important messages are saved in our filing system, otherwise emails retained for up to two years.
- Payment data, excluding card information which we do not receive at any time. Received via accounting and banking systems and saved for at least seven years for accounting and tax obligations.
- Website cookies set automatically by our software. We do not knowingly access these or pass to third parties.
Specifically, the personal details we store are:
- Family details
- Business activities of the person whose personal information we are processing
- Lifestyle and social circumstances
- Financial details
- Training details
- Education and employment details
- Goods and services
We also process sensitive classes of information that may include:
- Physical or mental health details
- Racial or ethnic origin
- Religious or other beliefs
Who the information is processed about
We process personal information about:
- professional advisers and consultants
- complainants, enquirers
Who the information may be shared with
We sometimes need to share the personal information we process with the individual themselves and with other organisations like the ISRM and BTEC. Where this is necessary we are required to comply with all aspects of the Data Protection Act (DPA) and GDPR. What follows is a description of the types of organisations we may need to share some of the personal information we process with for one or more reasons.
Where necessary or required by law and for the normal purpose of carrying out our business we share information with:
Business associates and other professional advisers who works for The School and at The School to fulfil our job Educators and examining bodies Current, past or prospective employers Family, associates and representatives of the person whose personal data we are processing Employment and recruitment agencies Financial organisations Credit reference agencies Debt collection and tracing agencies Suppliers and service providers Persons making an enquiry or complaint Central government
Your data and our website
The information contained in this website is for general information purposes only provided by us. Whilst we endeavour to keep the information up-to-date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the website for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk. In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of or in connection with the use of this website. Every effort is made to keep the website up and running smoothly. However, “The School.” takes no responsibility for and will not be liable for the website being temporarily unavailable due to technical issues beyond our control.
Payments are processed via the Payment Service PayPal, and no payment details are passed on to us or processed directly on our website
We may track visits to our website using Google Analytics for statistical purposes, where your location and what pages you visit will be tracked – however we do not have access to your name or other private information purely from your website visit. We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
Should you contact us via our website using an online form, your information will be processed in the same way as any record as described above.
Links to other Websites
Our website may contain links to enable you to visit other websites of interest easily. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement on the website you visit. Although we may link to websites of interest, we are in no way responsible for any content on those websites. The inclusion of any links does not necessarily imply a recommendation or endorse the views expressed within them.
Contact us about your data
For queries about Data Protection and to request your information held by us, please contact Anna Maria Mazzieri – firstname.lastname@example.org