Providing massage in pregnancy is a privilege.
Pregnancy is a beautiful state which brings about enormous change for a person, it’s a time when massage can be used to great benefit. However, we must respect, and indeed celebrate, the dynamic physiology of the individual during pregnancy. As such there are certain considerations we must take into account when working with someone during pregnancy.
With The ST School’s Massage in Pregnancy course we want to do just that!
This course provides the strong underpinning knowledge of the changing physiology of pregnancy, what each stage means for the mother’s body and what are the most common issues encountered during these months.
Particular attention will be given to Red Flags and Risk Factors for conditions which increase during this special time.
Positioning of the client and different massage and hands on techniques will be taught and plenty of time will be provided for practising.
- Understand the different stages of pregnancy and how the body responds
- Learn and recognise different risk factors to the common pregnancy related conditions
- Learn Red Flags and cautions to ensure safety
- Learn the evidence behind effects and benefits of Massage Therapy for the Pregnant Mother
- Learn postpartum considerations and supporting clients post caesarean section
- Learn how to position the client for their utmost comfort
- Learn and practice different massage and hands on techniques
- Learn and practice mobilisation techniques
This is an hybrid course with one online session and two in person days. 3 case studies will be presented and a theory paper completed to achieve the full certification,